Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Flu Has Invaded

Well the flu has officially invaded our house.  We are now in week two of its wrath.  Abbie got the flu first, and passed it on to Stephen.  I was hopeful the rest of us would stay well.  No.  Now in week two Carter, Elisabeth and I have the flu, too.  Poor Carter.   The poor child not only got the flu shot (which was not fun) but has now had both flus, Type B and now Type A.  Seriously?!?  When the doctor confirmed he now had the other type of flu I just about lost it and went into a rant about why I bothered to get all of them the flu shot in the first place!  Thankfully Carter and Elisabeth both seem to have mild cases.  I, on the other hand, have not.  I don’t think I have ever had the flu in my whole life.  Thankfully I have not had any vomiting, but I generally feel like I am going to die.  At my worst point, I literally thought that I might never feel normal again.  For real, that was actually a legitimate thought in my head.  I think the worst is behind all of us now, but these past few weeks have just been miserable.  Hopefully March will be a much better month in the Schmitt home.  We have four birthdays to celebrate and no time to be sick!

No comments: