I have always wanted Stephen and Abbie to go to a Father/Daughter Dance but all of the ones I have seen in the past have been way too expensive. I just happened to notice that the Y was hosting one at the very pretty and new Creekside Y, and it was much more reasonably priced. The information said there would be snacks, a DJ and dancing and even a balloon drop at the end of the night! Knowing that it would be even more fun with friends, I asked Michelle if Russ and Julia might like to go. I was so excited that they would be able to go and thought we should just make a big night of it. While the fathers and (big) daughters went to the dance, the mothers and sons (and sweet Elisabeth) planned a fun night of cookie-making and playing! It was a perfect night spent with some of our very best friends!
After dinner, the girls and dads got all dressed up in their fancy clothes for the dance. We even bought the girls their very first wrist corsages for the occasion. It was so sweet to see them all dressed up and to watch the dads put the corsages on the girls’ wrists. Abbie and Julia were both so excited, and I am sure they felt like little princesses!
My other two little monkeys were watching the action from the balcony.
Stephen, Russ, Abbie and Julia went off to the dance. Stephen told me they all had a really fun time! I think Abbie’s favorite part of the night was the balloon drop.
While they danced the night away, we hung out around the house making yummy cookies and playing. Carter and Michael had so much fun playing “boy” stuff together. The babies had fun playing together, too. And Michelle and I enjoyed a night of catching up. I definitely think we need to make this a tradition and am looking forward to next year’s dance!

No comments:
Post a Comment