Tonight was one of my favorite nights of the year! It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown was on TV tonight! Once I watch the show, it feels like the holiday season has begun.
In years past, Abbie and Carter have only watched a few minutes of the show. This year we all gathered in the family room to watch together. Abbie was more interested in it this year. Carter has very little interest in TV at all, so he just ran around the room. Steve took him upstairs to go to bed while Abbie and I watched together. She ended up watching the entire show with me! She kept asking me questions throughout. She kept wondering why Lucy was so mad at Linus, why Snoopy was crying during the music and what he was doing flying on his doghouse. I tried to answer her questions as best as I could, but quickly realized that the show is not really meant for preschoolers! Oh well…she had a fun time watching it with me. I was so glad to finally have someone to watch with! I hope we can continue watching all of the Peanuts holiday specials together for a long time. Maybe Carter will be able to sit still long enough and Stephen will stay awake long enough to watch with us one day!

No comments:
Post a Comment