Thursday, October 28, 2010

Date Night with Dora

Abbie and I had our first girls’ night out a few Fridays ago! We went to see an outdoor showing of Dora: Daisy’s Party at our new outdoor Y. Abbie was so excited to be going to “the movies”. She has never been to see a movie, except when she went to a Mommy Matinee when she was 6 months old. I knew she would love it, as Daisy’s Party is one of her favorite Dora episodes, mainly because she likes to dance the mambo with them.

Before the show began, the kids were able to make smores and hit a piñata. There was a great outdoor fireplace where the kids could roast their marshmallow. This was Abbie’s very first time to roast a marshmallow! Then we put it together with a graham cracker and chocolate. Abbie loved roasting the marshmallow but was not too interested when it came time to actually eating the smore. Oh well, that just meant I had to eat it.

IMG_9644n IMG_9645n IMG_9646n

She had fun hitting the pinata but wasn’t successful at breaking it. I think they eventually had to rip it open since none of the little kids there were strong enough to get it open!

IMG_9649n

Finally, it was showtime! We found a front row spot in the outdoor amphitheater and laid our blanket down. Abbie had the best time during the show. She was just dying to go down front and dance the mambo. Given she can sometimes be shy in new situations, I was amazed that she spent the entire show dancing and running around in front! There were only 3 or 4 other little kids down there. She looked so cute moving her arms and wiggling her hips!

IMG_9657nIMG_9658nIMG_9653n IMG_9655n IMG_9659n

By the time the show was over, it was late and cold so we headed home. It was so much fun to spend some time together doing something fun, just the two of us. I think she enjoyed our night together, too! Although at one point she did say she missed “the little boy that rides in the car seat next to her” :) So sweet!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

How fun! I actually think we've never seen that episode!!