So I told myself I would never watch it because I knew I was not strong enough to handle it. It just happened to be on this afternoon while both kids were napping and Steve was at work. I came across it about halfway through and told myself I would just watch a few minutes and then flip back to Rachel Ray. The problem is I never flipped back. I ended up watching the last half of Marley & Me. Big mistake.
As I lay on the floor, Bailey curled up right beside me, I cried hysterically. It was so hard to watch. I think what even got to me the most was watching the children in the movie with Marley. I can't imagine how I am ever going to handle that day when I am dying inside but have to be strong for Abbie and Carter.
I know some people probably think I am crazy for how much I love Bailey. She is my baby. I would do anything for her, no question. I worry about her just as I worry about Abbie and Carter.
Bailey loves me unconditionally. She greets me every time a walk in the door with her tail wagging enthusiastically. She follows me throughout the house and lays right beside me. She sleeps curled up next to me all night. She makes me happy every single day. It is almost impossible to be upset or sad when she does her best to cheer me up with nudges and kisses. I love her with all of my heart.
Bailey just turned six years old a few weeks ago. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday she was my little puppy who could barely hop up a curb. I have loved every day with her and hope for many more. We all love you so much, Bailey (Baba)!

2 comments:
Saddest movie EVER, why did you watch that??? The book was worse for me though. It just drug on and on!!! So thankful for our 4 legged babies :)
Hi Lindsay! Oh my gosh, I didn't watch the entire movie, only the first half. I read the book, but cried for weeks- I'm not kidding! I love my Bailey too! I really hope I can see you sometime in the spring. Michelle and her kids have season passes to sea world, so y'all need to come visit me in SA! Send me an email when you get a chance! Love, Lauren
Post a Comment