Today was Carter’s very first day of school! He is going to school every Friday. He had a half day today, which meant he was only there from 9:00 until 12:00. We have been talking about going to school for a few weeks now. He is used to going there to drop off and pick up Abbie. I think he was excited that he was getting to stay, too!
Of course, we had to take some pictures before we left for school. I think he is just the cutest thing! It is almost impossible for him to stand still for a picture these days. These are the best ones I could get.
Steve stayed home until it was time to take Carter and Abbie to school. He did not want to miss Carter’s first day! I am so glad he was able to be there just like he was for Abbie’s very first day of school.
We took a few pictures outside of their school. He was so excited to be involved in all the activity since it had been Abbie’s turn on Monday for her first day. Abbie is such a loving and caring big sister. She was so excited that he was going to school with her today!
He put his bag on his hook all by himself!
Once we reached the door to his classroom, his mood took a turn for the worst. This picture says it all!
Here he is with Ms. Anne-Marie. He was not happy we left him there! I felt bad leaving him but knew he would be fine and would end up having a great day. She is a wonderful teacher and had him calmed down within a minute. He was already preoccupied with playing by the time we left.
He was happily sitting in his teacher’s lap when I arrived to pick him up. She said he had a wonderful day and did not cry the rest of the day. They were both all smiles on the drive home from school!
Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you Carter! We can’t believe you are such a big boy already. It makes us happy to see you having so much fun but sad that you are no longer our little baby. We hope you have a wonderful first year of school!

1 comment:
They look so cute and I am so glad they both had good 1st days. What's up with the 1/2 day??? You probably had to turn around and go get them right after you dropped them off!
Post a Comment