Thursday, September 30, 2010

Old MacDonald’s Farm

This morning the kids and I took a trip to Old MacDonald’s Farm! It was a fun place with lots of activities for kids. Abbie and Carter were able to feed many different animals, ride a train around the farm and even ride a pony for the very first time!

The weather was just beautiful today and there happened to be only 4 other children at the farm. It was great! Abbie and Carter were able to take their time exploring the animals.

We bought a couple bags of animal feed, which the deer recognized as soon as we started walking past the entrance. Several deer walked right up to us wanting food! I wasn’t sure how Abbie would react. In the past, she has never actually held her hand out to feed the animals. I was shocked when she just fed the deer right away! Way to go Abbie! She just loved feeding them and so did I! The deer were just too cute. Carter loved them too, and had no problem petting them and running after them. He truly loves all animals. He couldn’t quite figure out that he had to hold his hand flat to feed the animals and the feed just fell right out of his hand every time.

IMG_9417n IMG_9418n IMG_9420n IMG_9423n IMG_9424n IMG_9426n IMG_9427n IMG_9428nIMG_9436nIMG_9444nIMG_9445nIMG_9470n

We also saw goats, cows, chickens, pigs, rabbits and a few other animals. There was even a miniature horse! Abbie and Carter loved petting a baby goat that had escaped from its corral.

IMG_9432n IMG_9433n IMG_9434n IMG_9448n IMG_9449n

The chickens happened to be one of Abbie’s favorite animals to watch. I have no idea why! She loved feeding them and watching an egg in the hen house. She went back every few minutes to see if it had “patched” (hatched).

IMG_9450n IMG_9452nIMG_9458n IMG_9457n IMG_9463n IMG_9465n IMG_9466n IMG_9467n IMG_9469n

A highlight of the visit was Abbie and Carter’s very first pony ride! They both loved riding Cocoa, the pony. Carter kept saying the pony’s name the rest of the day.

IMG_9439nIMG_9441nIMG_9441n2

Before we left, we rode the train. It took us all around the farm so we could get another view of the animals.IMG_9475n

IMG_9473n IMG_9479nIMG_9477n We all had the best time at the farm! I love getting to do all of these fun things with Abbie and Carter and experience them through their eyes. They had so much fun running around outside, enjoying the nice weather and seeing all the animals. It was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Wow! I can't believe those pictures with the deer! How awesome!!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute together on the pony!