Okay…so I probably did not set a very good precedent today. We went over to Emmy’s house for playgroup this morning. We had to leave a little early because Carter was getting very tired. Of course, right as we were about to leave, Emmy brought out a giant box full of princess dress-up clothes. I knew as soon as I saw her carrying a bright pink box with the Disney princesses on it I was in trouble. I should have scooped Abbie up and ran out the door! It was one of those moments when you know a huge meltdown is about to happen. Abbie was DEVASTATED she could not stay and play dress-up with Emmy and Emily. It is not her fault she has a little brother who needs a nap. I felt so bad for her because she has never played dress-up with her friends, and I can imagine that is just about the most fun thing she could possibly do right now. So as soon as we got home, I let her open one Christmas present, a princess dress and matching shoes. She LOVED them! She was so excited and kept saying “Thank you, Mommy!” over and over. She was just so happy and wore her dress the rest of the day. It took some serious negotiating to get it off her to eat and take a bath. It was just so great to see her get a present that she absolutely loved and was most thankful for. I am sad Steve was not home to see her open it. I made sure to take pictures for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How sweet! I'm impressed you have presents wrapped and under your tree!
Post a Comment