Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let It Snow!

The kids and I were so surprised to wake up and see that it was snowing this morning! I had no idea it was supposed to snow, as I rarely watch the news. I got up and got ready and didn’t have a clue that it was snowing. As I walked out to the kitchen to get things ready to get the kids up, I happened to look out the window to see if it was still raining from the night before. I had to do a double take when I saw that it was snowing! Knowing that it could be snowing one minute and 60 degrees the next here, I knew if we wanted to have fun in the snow we had to do it right away before it melted. So I got the kids out of bed and put them straight in their clothes to go outside. I was cutting the tags off their hats and mittens as we were walking out the door. I was not prepared for it to snow this early (at least I had already purchased them). It must have taken me 25 minutes to get them dressed in all of their winter gear and we were probably outside for 3 minutes!

Abbie was very excited about seeing the snow, much different than her first experience with snow. Carter had no idea what to make of his first time seeing snow! I think he was just surprised I had sat him down on the grass in the middle of the front yard! At least he didn’t cry like Abbie did her first time in the snow. He just looked around, taking it all in. Abbie wouldn’t sit in the snow. I guess I don’t blame her, who wants a wet bottom. She did have fun playing in it though! It was not easy to manage two kids and a camera in the snow, so we headed back inside. Not to mention that in my haste to get outside, all I was wearing were yoga pants and a long sleeve shirt. I was freezing! Poor Carter was soaking wet, so I changed all of their clothes. Nothing like being on your second round of clothes by 8:15 in the morning. After all the excitement of the morning, we finally had breakfast and started our day. It was hectic, but worth it! I was exhausted by 9:00 that morning, but I couldn’t let Carter miss out on his first snow!

IMG_6289n IMG_6290nIMG_6276nIMG_6280nIMG_6289n2 IMG_6297n

IMG_1673

Abbie’s First Time in Snow

No comments: