Carter is part of the family (as if he wasn’t before:) )! He finally has all of his Christmas decorations up around the house.
I bought Carter a stocking two years ago when I bought all of ours. We knew we wanted another child and hoped one day we would be able to use the extra stocking. (I am a little superstitious and was very hesitant to buy the extra one at the time. I am glad I did!) I made sure it was gender neutral, although I think it ended up being perfect for our little boy! I just had it monogrammed a few weeks ago. He gets center stage on the mantle!
I have been waiting to make a special “Cookies for Santa” plate until I knew our family was complete. I was so excited to have this plate made with Abbie’s handprint and Carter’s footprint to remember their first Christmas together.
I bought Abbie all sorts of fun ornaments for her first Christmas. I finally stopped procrastinating and bought Carter some ornaments of his own! (I am trying to be as equal as I can for Carter. Steve, being the third child, is making sure of it!) I am glad I remembered about the footprint ornament back in October, otherwise we never would have gotten it back in time!
I also bought them brother/sister ornaments this year. Abbie LOVES to play with them and move them around the tree. Every time I see them they are in a different place, sometimes right next to each other, other times hers is much higher. Now Carter loves to play with his too. He is always grabbing it off the tree! I seriously underestimate how high he can reach when standing on his tip toes!
Welcome to the family, Carter!

No comments:
Post a Comment