Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

We had a great time celebrating the new year as a family! New Year’s Eve was a pretty typical Saturday. We spent most of the day catching up on errands. We went to a baby furniture store to find Elisabeth a bookcase and then went to Walmart after naps. I happened to find some silly string at Kroger during a shopping trip and picked up two cans for the kids. We played with it on the driveway after naps and they both had so much fun! They both needed help spraying it at first, but caught on quickly.


IMG_4654nIMG_4657nIMG_4660nIMG_4661nIMG_4663nIMG_4665nIMG_4667nIMG_4669n


We had hamburgers and queso for dinner and then our “2012” cookies I bought at the store for a special treat. As I was packing up the Christmas decorations, I found my bag of New Year’s treats and put it aside for today. The kids loved playing with all the stuff! They were both very interested in the holiday and what exactly it meant for there to be a new year, although I don’t think either of them fully understood. Carter kept saying “Happy New Year” in his adorable little voice completely unprompted. It was so sweet! Abbie kept insisting that she had to stay up really late. I told her that 9:00 was late enough! Stephen and I were both exhausted by the time we had the kids in bed and I am fairly certain I was asleep by 11:45. Oh how things change once you have kids! Happy New Year!


IMG_4671nIMG_4672nIMG_4675nIMG_4676nIMG_4679nIMG_4682n

No comments: