Thursday, December 15, 2011

Things My Kids Say...

Oh if only there were more hours in the day to update the blog! Things have been very busy around here. Steve has been out of town for work the whole week. Boo! As if that fact alone wouldn't leave me exhausted as it is, the kids' Christmas program and parties were yesterday (Abbie was the angel in the nativity scene!) for which one I am room mom and the other I was the party parent (what was I thinking!), my car had to get a new radiator, Carter has an ear infection and needed a haircut, I still had to send my Christmas cards and I have to spend three hours at the lab tomorrow (with Carter!) to do my glucose test. Seriously...Steve can't get home fast enough!

However, amongst all of the craziness the kids have said a few cute things that I wanted to make sure I wrote down.



  • Carter has to take all of his clothes off to go number 2 on the potty. I don't know how that started or why, but it is a must (as in I have many memories of completely undressing my son in the bathrooms of Disney World so he could go potty! But I must say they are spotless and air-conditioned so it wasn't so bad!) This morning as he was sitting there with no clothes on and I was sitting on the tub next to him, he leaned over and kissed my arm. Then he asked in the sweetest little voice, "Mommy, I be your baby boy forever?" Melt.My.Heart. I said that he would always be my baby boy. If only I could freeze time!

  • As I was washing dishes this morning, Abbie was upstairs cleaning and Carter was making a mess. I heard Abbie say to Carter "You need to lay on the sofa and think about what you should be doing to help me out." She is quite the little mommy. I can't imagine what she will be like when her little sister arrives!

  • The other morning I was laying in bed and Abbie was standing next to me with Bailey (our dog) on the floor right by her. The baby was kicking so I said to Abbie, "Do you want to feel your sister kicking?" She looked very confusedly at me and then at Bailey and said "How?"! It was so funny to me! I guess I have said it enough that she truly thinks of Bailey as her sister! I just had to laugh to myself and smile :)

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Aww! So cute. You have been busy. Hope you are resting too. Ha Ha, uhh? :)