We wish all of our family and friends a very merry Christmas! We are having a fun (although cold and rainy) Christmas Eve day. Nana and Pop Pop arrived yesterday. Everyone but me is currently at the indoor playground at Burger King (because no one ever goes there and they have the whole thing to themselves and no other places were open today!) and I am enjoying a quiet house while baking cupcakes and brownies. Later, my family will come over and we will all go out to eat for our traditional “Christmas tacos” (we always eat tacos on Christmas Eve, I am just not up for cooking and having everyone at my house this year). Then it will be time to put the cookies out for Santa and wait for his big arrival! Fortunately, after my marathon 7 hour present organizing/wrapping yesterday I have no more wrapping! Now it is Santa’s job (Daddy) to put together and place his gifts under the tree tonight.
The picture above is the one from our Christmas card this year. I was so happy with the way it turned out! I actually attempted using my portrait lens and manual mode on my camera and managed to get a pretty good shot considering the circumstances. One afternoon I had to wake the kids up from naps and quickly drive out to the Christmas tree farm for our annual trip. We don’t have a real one because both of the kids have such horrible seasonal allergies, but they love to run through them and ride the wagon once a year at the farm. I only had a few minutes left before it was completely dark since by that time it was almost 5:30. I lucked out and snapped this great pick of the two of them. I can’t imagine how hard it will be to get a good picture with three kids next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment