Friday, December 16, 2011

Abbie’s First Lost Tooth!

Abbie lost her first tooth today! I first noticed one of her bottom front teeth was loose on Halloween. Since then, we have been watching it carefully, waiting to see if it was ready to fall out. The past few days it was really bothering her because it was so loose. I knew it was about time to have to pull it. However, no one in my family seemed too excited to have that job! I definitely didn’t want to do it, neither did Steve or Mimi. I thought maybe Bebe could do it when the kids spend the night at their house tomorrow. Fortunately, all it took was a cupcake!


As Carter and I were waiting in the car line to pick Abbie up from school this afternoon, I noticed she was smiling really big and her teacher was smiling and excitedly whispering something in her ear. Sure enough, when she climbed into the car and smiled, I could see her tooth was missing! Her teacher said it came out while they were eating a cupcake. I could tell Abbie was very excited and proud and happy that it had happened around all of her school friends. She said that all her friends wanted to see her tooth. I am sure it was a pretty neat event for a bunch of four and five year olds! Luckily, they found the tooth and sent it home in a ziploc bag. I think I would have been sad if it had been lost and I had missed the whole thing! We tried to call Daddy in the car on the way home but he was already on the airplane. We were able to talk to Mimi, and Abbie excitedly shared the good news! Now we are all anxiously awaiting to surprise Daddy when he gets home from his trip tonight!


IMG_4372IMG_4377nIMG_4380n


Abbie is excited for their tooth fairy to visit tonight! She has visited Abbie and Carter before after their cleaning/check-ups for doing such a great job of taking care of their teeth, but this will be her first visit for a lost tooth!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Wow! I can't believe she lost a tooth!!! What is the tooth fairy leaving her????