This morning Abbie and I went to see Curious George Live. Abbie LOVES Curious George. She is a big George fan. She can name all the characters – George, Yellow Hat, Professor Wiseman, etc. She even collects acorns every day on the way out of her school for Jumpy squirrel. I am constantly throwing away acorns rolling around the back floor of my car!
She wore her pink Curious George t-shirt to the show (it is not easy finding girl Curious George clothes). We had great seats, only 14 rows back from the stage. She picked the seat she wanted to sit in and actually managed to keep it down this time without it folding underneath her!
After our Dora experience last summer with the dreaded Swiper, I wasn’t sure what to expect from her today. I was so happy because she had the most amazing time at the show! I can’t even fully imagine what she must have been thinking to see the characters she loves on TV come to life before her eyes. She waived and yelled “Hi!” to all her favorite characters on the stage. Even at two, she was a little skeptic. She kept saying George was too big (a person in a monkey costume) and that Hundley (the dog) and Gnocchi (the cat) were pretend. She clapped and cheered excitedly when all the adults clapped at the end of musical numbers. It was the cutest thing! Even I enjoyed the show. I have seen just about every episode and was interested to see how the show was brought to the stage. And who wouldn’t hum along to the theme song after you have heard it a million times?!?
Of course, I caved and bought her an overpriced balloon and ball. On our way home, we stopped and had lunch at On The Border. She was very excited that the two of us were eating lunch together at a restaurant. I think it was our first time to eat out, just the two of us! She was in such a great mood the whole day, no tantrums! My little girl is growing up. We had a great “girls” day, just the two of us!
The story centered around George and Chef Pisghetti. George travelled in a box to Rome, Italy to enter Chef Pisghetti’s meatballs in The Golden Meatball contest. One song had The Man in the Yellow Hat singing about searching for George, to which Abbie yelled “He’s in the box!” Ultimately, they won the contest, of course!

2 comments:
How fun! My kids love Curious George. Where did you end up finding the pink t-shirt?
Aww, how fun. What a sweet Mommy you are!!
Post a Comment