Thursday, November 19, 2009

Being a Princess

Okay...so in case you haven't noticed, Abbie ALWAYS pushes her long sleeves up. ALWAYS! It drives me crazy, but now I just ignore it. When I ask her why she wants her sleeves up, she says it is so she can be a princess. I have no idea what that means, but yesterday I got a clue from her. When I asked her why she thought princesses pushed their sleeves up, she said it is because that is what I told her. Wait...so I caused this madness. In thinking back to the transition from short sleeves to long sleeves, I vaguely remember a morning when Abbie was protesting putting on a long sleeve shirt for the first time. In my struggle to get her dressed, I must have somehow said she would look like a princess with her sleeves up just so she would put on the shirt. She has not forgotten! It is amazing to me what kids focus on and remember. I am hoping that the habit will fade away. It is still going strong for now. Keep watching the pictures to see if she ever forgets to push them up. I doubt it, she loves being a princess!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is so funny! Kids are hilarious :)