Friday, August 15, 2008

Tumble Tykes!

For the last three Fridays, Abbie has been going to a Tumble Tykes class offered through our parks and rec department. It is basically an introduction to gymnastics for toddlers. I signed her up at the beginning of the summer thinking we would need things to keep us busy by August. Little did I know how much she would like it! She swings on the bar, walks across the balance beam, does backward and forward somersaults, jumps on a trampoline, does backbends, etc. I think her favorite things to do are the balance beam and climbing on big pieces of equipment and jumping off. Sadly, we only have one more class. For better or worse, I do think she is learning new skills. Today, under Steve's supervision, she somersaulted off the big chair in the air (basically a forward flip) and landed on her back. Can you believe her?!? Thank goodness I did not see it. I probably would have been in a panic thinking she was seriously injured! Steve said he nervously looked down at her as she laid there and she just smiled. I am starting to think she is not my child! I NEVER would have done something like that! I think my visions of her in ballet class are going to have to change to gymnastics!

No comments: