Thursday, August 14, 2008

Abbie's First Car!

Abbie got her very first car today! 16 months is the legal driving age in Texas, right? Daddy said there was no way her first car would be brand new:) He did, however, find her a great used cozy coupe! I had been looking to get a cozy coupe for Abbie. Steve just happened to find a posting of someone at his work selling one for only $15(regular price is $50)! He brought it home today, and I washed it for Abbie. It ended up looking almost like new! She loved getting in and out of her car and riding around. She wasn't quite able to get the idea of peddling yet. She tended to end up going backwards. I don't think her legs are long enough to really get her moving. She did get the idea when Daddy told her to hold her feet up so he could push her around. She used the door the first few times to get in. However, in true Abbie fashion, that was just too easy. She then ended up getting in "Dukes of Hazzard" style, as Daddy called it, by crawling through the window. She is just crazy! What are we going to do with her! Watch out for Abbie in her little cozy coupe on the sidewalk!

Getting the keys to her first car!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh how cute! That's too funny about Dukes of Hazzard style! I love it! And am not surprised! I can't wait to see her in action! :)

Unknown said...

Her aunt and uncle would say I let her father get his license too young, also!  She looks perfectly at home behind the wheel.  love, nana