We ate lunch and then attempted to take a few pictures outside before making the drive down. Of course it is next to impossible to get a decent picture of the three of them together. This was the best I could do. (Poor Carter. He can never keep his eyes open for outdoor pictures. I can’t blame him, those of us with sensitive blue eyes just don’t do well with sunny pictures!)
We gave up on pictures and drove down to Mimi and Bebe’s house. They were all so excited when we arrived and divided up into their usual activities. Abbie played around with Bebe, Carter “helped” Mimi in the garden, and Elisabeth just wandered around. She is my little wanderer! She just walks around exploring all day long!
I just love this picture of Bebe with his girls.
And of course there is Mimi’s boy.
Sweet Elisabeth! She loved sitting (and standing) in these little chairs. She looked absolutely adorable in her little outfit!
Here she is wandering around the backyard. She is just so cute, but won’t stay still for pictures these days!
Carter loves helping Mimi in the garden. He likes to tend to her rose bushes, water her plants and pull weeds. Maybe he can keep our yard nice, since Steve and I are both useless when it comes to keeping plants alive!
I told him to look at me and give me a smile. Of course I should have known better because he turned his entire body, and the hose, soaking me in the process!
Beautiful Abbie. I just can’t believe how grown-up she looks!
I made the kids attempt another group picture, which they were not happy about. It was almost time for Elisabeth to take a nap. While she slept, Daddy and Bebe were going to take the big kids to Putt-Putt and swimming so I knew it was my last chance for a decent picture.
Happy Fourth of July!
I told Abbie and Carter to give each other a hug and this is what they did!
I guess this is Abbie’s serious and serene face and Carter just loves his Abbie. Here is another one.They really are best little buddies. Poor Elisabeth! Hopefully she doesn’t feel left out. I would have another baby close in age for her to be best buddies with, but I just don’t feel that bad! She will just always be the baby of the family that everyone takes care of!
Abbie and Carter had a great time at Putt-Putt with Daddy and Bebe. The played miniature golf (Abbie even got a hole-in-one!), rode bumper cars, and had all sorts of fun. Then they stopped for ice cream before going swimming. Talk about a fun afternoon!
Elisabeth took a long nap in the nice, quiet house and then played in Mimi’s tupperware while Mimi fixed dinner.
We had a delicious hamburger dinner with all sorts of yummy treats for dessert. After dinner, we gave all the kids baths, dressed them in their comfy jammies, and headed home. I always love the drive home on the Fourth because we always see fireworks on the way. We even timed our drive perfectly to see the huge fireworks in our town as we were driving home. Too bad the kids were completely passed out by then! Steve and I enjoyed them though. It was the perfect summer day spent with our favorite people!

No comments:
Post a Comment