Abbie has always been an amazing swimmer and is perfectly comfortable in any pool. Carter was not as proficient at swimming, but his lessons this summer have really paid off. He is doing much better at actual swimming strokes and is confident in the water and able to swim in any pool. It makes taking all three of them to the pool by myself much easier! Now that they are good swimmers, I thought it would be the perfect time to take advantage of the “big” pool. It is basically a mini version of a waterpark, perfect for young kids!
The pool has a shallow area with a playground, a deeper area for swimming and diving for rings, a lazy river, and a waterslide. Abbie is tall enough to ride the waterslide, but I wasn’t sure if she would want to do it. She is not the most adventurous child and definitely the least adventurous of our three kids! She was hesitant at first, but when she found out we could go down together in a double tube she agreed. And she loved it! She only went down once with me and then wanted to do it on her own. I was so proud of her! Of course, Carter wanted to ride the slide, too. Unfortunately, he is technically about 4 inches too short to do it. I figured as long as he could fit in the tube and he is capable of getting out of the water at the end on his own, then why couldn’t he ride it. I agreed to let him try it and none of the lifeguards ever measured him. He was thrilled! We only allowed him to ride in one of the double tubes with us.
Elisabeth spent most of her time walking around the shallow kiddie area. She even managed to climb up a rope ladder all by herself on the playground! I don’t really know why I was so surprised she was able to do it, she is a very good climber!
The kids had a great time and we spent about two and a half hours there before it was time to come home for lunch. It was definitely a fun day!

No comments:
Post a Comment