Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our American Girl

An American Girl store recently opened up in our city, and I thought it would be the perfect place to take Abbie as a special treat for her 6th birthday!  I made reservations months ago for Abbie, Mimi and I to eat lunch in the cafĂ© and shop.  It was a special girls’ day to celebrate a super special birthday girl!

Abbie was so excited the morning of our big day.  She made sure that she and McKenna had on their matching clothes, and I fixed their hair to look the same.  Abbie got McKenna last year when she was the Doll of the Year.  She just happens to look exactly like Abbie!

We made sure to get a picture before we left.  Little sister looked down at us anxiously waiting for her day to go to the store.  I am actually very excited I have another little girl to share all of these exciting memories with one day all over again!
IMG_9737nIMG_9740n
We arrived at the store shortly after it opened.  It was so nice and not crowded!  We practically had the whole store to ourselves.  Abbie walked around in awe of all the dolls and accessories.  She loved everything!  She also loved all the attention she and McKenna received from the store employees for their matching outfits and look!
IMG_9741nIMG_9742nIMG_9744n
Abbie was so excited Mimi was with her to share her special day!  Mimi and Grandmere are the ones who give her all of her dolls and gear.  Daddy is a scrooge and refuses to spend that much money on dolls.  Thank goodness for grandmas and great-grandmas who like to spoil their little girl!  Abbie and Mimi walked around the store and picked out some special things for her birthday.  Mimi and Grandmere went way over board as usual!  She ended up getting this year’s doll, Saige, a horse, clothes and a doll chair.  She was in Heaven!
IMG_9746n
After shopping, it was time for us to eat lunch.  Even though we weren’t “officially” celebrating her birthday there, the employees all made a big deal of her birthday and made her feel very special.  She got to pick out whatever she wanted to eat and even got cookies and milk with a candle for dessert!  Such a special memory!
IMG_9747nIMG_9748nIMG_9751nIMG_9752n
We all had such a fun time celebrating Abbie’s 6th birthday together!   I hope she felt like the super special girl she is!  I am so thankful we were able to have some special time, just the three of us.  Happy Early Birthday Abbie!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

How fun! I have never let Gracie see those dolls because I know she'll want one!! $$$$ :)