Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Princess Party!

Abbie went to her very first princess party today! It was today and again on Thursday at the Rec Center from 10-1. I love looking through the calendar of summer activities and finding fun things for Abbie to do during the day. With no school, it makes for a very long week for the three of us all summer!

At first she was very nervous about staying. I can’t say that I blame her. I did just drop her off in a room she had never been to with a bunch of people she had never seen before! I kept waiting for my cell phone to ring but it never did. She ended up having a great time! From what I can tell through conversations with Abbie, they ate popcorn and cookies, read books, made a paper purse, and had a tea party. One of the biggest events of the day must have been the nail polish! She came home with pink nail polish and is very excited about it. This is the first time she has ever had her nails painted. I can already see Daddy’s reaction tonight in my head. Oh well, Abbie had a lot of fun at her princess party!

I told her if she was a brave girl and had fun at her party then I would have a surprise for her when I picked her up. So Carter and I bought her very first My Little Pony for her. She was very excited about her new toy and is napping with it right now. I think Carter enjoyed his time with me too. We took Bailey for a walk and then went to Target. It was raining so hard when we left that we both got soaking wet, and he loved it! Why does life with only one kid seem SO much easier?!?

I can’t wait for another princess party on Thursday! Oh, and I think Abbie is excited about it too :)

IMG_7931

(This is her ballerina pose. She starts her first “real” ballet class on Saturday. I am sure I will have lots of pictures in her ballerina clothes!)

IMG_7927 IMG_7928 IMG_7930Abbie wanted one of just her pony.

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

How fun! I can't believe she went there by herself, brave girl!