Friday, July 8, 2011

Potty Training Update

So the potty training is going well! I would be lying if I said I never felt the urge to just put a diaper on him when we are out and about. It is just so much easier! But I have resisted the temptation and have continued to put him in underwear except for his nap and at night. He is doing really well with going in the potty and has only had about two accidents per day. Today he hasn't had any yet! His accidents usually happen when I just can't get him to a bathroom in time. He goes about every 30 minutes! Seriously, I feel like I am living in bathrooms. Just today we had to go get Abbie fitted for new ballet gear and he went twice during the time we were in the shop. I had to take him back to this little bathroom in the back that I think was for employees only. What can I say, when a two year old has to go they have to go...there is no "holding it"! I am hoping that he will be able to go a little longer in between trips to the potty soon. He has yet to go "number 2" on the potty. For some reason he loves to go when we are swimming. Thankfully he always gets out of the water and goes off to hide to do his business. He went at the pool when we were swimming on the 4th and then three times when we went swimming on Wednesday. Maybe he likes going in the swim diaper and is scared of going on the potty. I am not sure but today we are kind of in a standoff. He will go in the potty! I refuse to leave this house for the rest of the day because I am determined for him to go on the potty. Anyway, all the diapers are all packed away in a box in his closet. Sadly I had just stocked up on diapers right before he decided he was ready to potty train. He had to wear diapers that I could only find at Target and of course I just bought two giant packs that are now wasted! Fortunately, one was not opened which I plan to return and the other will go to a friend. Oh well. I am proud of the great job my big boy is doing!

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Great job! Stay strong :)

Lauren said...

Congrats on his progress! Avery did the same last year, every time we went to the pool she would go #2 in her swim diaper. Luckily now that she's trained she doesn't have the urge to do that anymore! Love that he told you to go away...don't you just love the appreciation :)