The Potty Showdown had a peaceful ending! Hooray! By yesterday, Carter had gone three days without doing his business on the potty. We knew he needed to go, he knew he needed to go, but he would just not give in and go on the potty. I refused to let him leave the house yesterday until he had gone. I even bribed him, telling him we would take him right away to the store to buy a toy if he went on the potty. I hate bribing him, but I figure since he does not get any type of reward for going pee-pee on the potty it wouldn’t hurt to reward him for this. We kept taking him to the potty all day trying to get him to go. Mimi and Bebe arrived later in the afternoon to babysit. Seriously, five minutes into their arrival he sat on the potty with Mimi and just went. Bebe and Abbie were also in the bathroom with him when he went and helped to cheer him on. The second I walked in to congratulate him he said “Go away Mommy”. Ah, the thanks we get for being a mom. Oh well, I was just thrilled he finally went on the potty. Steve and I headed out for our date night with friends while Mimi and Bebe took both kids to Walmart to pick out a new toy. They were both thrilled. Mimi said he even went on the potty again a little later in the day. We are so proud of our big boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome! You should leave him more!!
Go Carter! It's a great feeling to put the diapers away :)
Post a Comment