Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Little Bluebonnets

It is that time of year again…time for our annual pictures in the beautiful bluebonnets popping up all around our city! As I was driving home the other day, I noticed a great little patch of bluebonnets on the side of the road right around the corner from our neighborhood. I knew it would be the perfect spot to take pictures of Abbie and Carter. I also knew I would definitely need Steve’s help to wrangle Carter from running down the steep hill or into the road.

I thought Sunday night would be a great night to take the pictures since Steve would be home. He is never home these days before 8 or 9 during the week. It just happened to be Abbie’s fourth birthday and the end to her fun, but long, birthday marathon weekend. (More on her birthday to come…and no I have not forgotten I still have to post Carter’s birthday party!) Steve was not very excited about the thought of getting the kids dressed up and ready for pictures after dinner on Sunday night. But we managed to get them dressed, drive to the bluebonnets, take the pictures and be back home in about 20 minutes!

Much to my surprise, Carter was the one in a good mood for pictures and happily smiled for me, even though most of the time it was his “cheese” smile. Abbie, on the other hand, was not fond of the idea of sitting in the flowers. I had to promise her I would be fast just to get her to sit down. Given that we only took pictures for about 5 minutes, I think I captured a few good moments. Our annual bluebonnet pictures are complete!

IMG_1551nIMG_1554nIMG_1556nIMG_1561nIMG_1568nIMG_1570nIMG_1572nIMG_1574nIMG_1576nIMG_1578nIMG_1579nIMG_1583n

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

I love ALL of those! Those are just the cutest, sweetest faces ever! We don't have any bluebonnets here. Maybe soon :)

Wendy said...

Great pictures! I can't believe you have that many bluebonnets already!