Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day!

We hope all of our family and friends have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Our house has been filled with all things red and pink for the past few days in celebration. Abbie is very excited about the holiday. Carter, on the other hand, has about as much enthusiasm for the holiday as his Daddy! Here are some pictures from our day.

Abbie and Carter opened their gifts from Mimi and Bebe before we left for school this morning. Abbie loved the red dress they gave her to wear today and the princess purse. Carter looked adorable in the red puppy shirt I found for him to wear but did not share in Abbie’s excitement of all the holiday cards and gifts.

IMG_1256nIMG_1255nIMG_1260nIMG_1261nIMG_1262nIMG_1263n

Abbie and Carter both passed out valentines at school to their friends. Carter’s were a Cars theme and had a cute picture of him on them. Abbie’s were a Tinkerbell theme and had a picture of her on them as well. We personalized hers a little more by creating heart shaped valentines that she could color on the back for each of her friends.

IMG_1235nIMG_1233nIMG_1243n

Abbie also had to decorate a shoe box to put all of her goodies in. We worked on her box the morning of our snow day that never actually happened. We both spent a lot of time on it! (I am already having visions of all the papers and science fair projects I am going to have to help them with in the future.) I think her box turned out very cute! If you look closely you can see that she wrote her name on the top of the box.

IMG_1240nIMG_1241n

At the very beginning of the school year I signed up to be in charge of Abbie’s class party which meant that I was responsible for the special treat. Little did I know way back in August that I would have strep throat and a sinus infection the weekend before Valentine’s Day! Abbie and I spent a couple of hours Sunday afternoon making pink cupcakes and heart-shaped sugar cookies for the party. That was the last thing I felt like doing at the time! Fortunately, I had been on my antibiotics long enough by that point to no longer be contagious. Oh well, I think they were both a big hit at the party!

Abbie made us a very cute love bug out of her hand prints at school for us today. And Carter made us a box of chocolates at school on Friday. He was VERY excited to give it to me when I picked him up from school. He is such a sweetheart!

IMG_1264nIMG_1247nIMG_1250

I think Abbie had the most fun day at school today. She loved exchanging valentines with her friends and was so excited to be carrying her big box full of fun things. Carter’s attitude toward the holiday improved when I bought him a Valentine’s Day balloon at the grocery store. I guess he likes any holiday that involves balloons! Happy Valentine’s Day!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Happy Valentines Day! I LOVE Abbie's dress. That is so, so cute! Looks like they had fun and got good stuff. Sorry you were sick!