Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cupcake Cuties

Abbie, Carter and I made cupcakes the day before Carter’s birthday for him to take to school. His birthday happened to be on Friday this year, his one day a week to go to school, so he got to celebrate by having a cupcake party with his classmates! Abbie and Carter were both so excited to be helping me in the kitchen.

While I made the batter, the kids were busy putting muffin cups in the pan. Carter had a little bit of trouble making sure only one cup went in to each slot, but Abbie was a big helper and checked each one for me.

IMG_0986n2IMG_0989n

Abbie and Carter then helped me by putting batter in the muffin cups. They both did fairly well. To say there was batter everywhere would be an understatement! Thankfully, they each grew tired of helping me with that part after a little while.

IMG_0993nIMG_0994nIMG_0996nIMG_0999nIMG_1001nIMG_1004nIMG_1007nIMG_1008n

I sent them into the family room to watch a show while I finished making 2 dozen cupcakes. We took a break for lunch and let them cool before icing them!

Carter said he wanted blue cupcakes. Abbie, of course, wanted pink. I gave each of them a separate bowl with their own icing, a must after watching them stick their hands in it and lick it right off their fingers! Abbie iced her cupcake and even put sprinkles on it before just starting to eat the icing right out of the bowl. Carter, on the other hand, alternated bites between icing and cupcake. He couldn’t eat each of them fast enough. He is a little cupcake monster!

IMG_1017nIMG_1019nIMG_1021n

Once they had each eaten their cupcake, I finished icing the rest for the school party. I think their will be eight happy two-year olds at school tomorrow!

IMG_1026n

No comments: