Abbie LOVES pretending to be a princess. She loves all her princess dress-up clothes and has fun calling everyone by their royal names (Princess Abbie, Prince Carter, Queen Mommy and King Daddy). So when I heard Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes was coming to town, I knew we just had to go! (I won’t lie, I was excited to be going myself!)
I bought tickets for Abbie, Mimi and I months ago. I found a presale code online and we were able to get seats right by the ice! When I bought the tickets, November felt like a long way away. We were so excited when the big day finally arrived!
Abbie woke up early this morning with excitement! We ate breakfast and then got her all dressed in her princess attire. We met Mimi at the show just in time to find our seats before the show started. Abbie was beyond excited at this point and loved wearing her Snow White dress out of the house and seeing all of the other little girls in their princess dresses!
Here are a few pictures of our princess and the other princesses! I think I was able to get a picture of all of them but Mulan. Sorry Mulan!
She sat like this for the first 5 minutes or so of the show! It was like she was just so excited and she couldn’t believe she was seeing the princesses! So sweet!
Abbie with her Ariel wand.
The show was perfect for a little girl who loves the Disney princesses! It was an hour and a half. Each princess was featured during the show and then they were all together for a big song at the end. Fortunately, there was not too much focus on the scarier elements of the stories, such as the evil Queen in Snow White. The only “scary” parts for Abbie were when Ursula and the eels came out for The Little Mermaid and the Evil Queen and dragon came out for Sleeping Beauty. Abbie is NOT into the scary parts of the stories and Steve and I usually gloss over them when were are reading the stories to her. She has never actually seen any of the movies, so she only knows the stories from the books we read her. She even made a comment during the show that the stories were not exactly like the ones in her books. Ooops! Daddy takes a lot more liberty with the stories than I do so I will blame that on him!
She had a great time during the show! She even said several times that is was the best day! I loved seeing her so happy and excited. I think Mimi and I liked the show almost as much as she did! Of course, she loved seeing Snow White and made sure to point out that she was wearing the same dress as she skated by. I think she also really like seeing Ariel and Tinkerbelle. Mimi even bought her a light-up Ariel wand, and I bought her a Belle doll. She was very excited!
After the show we all went out to lunch before heading home. It was a very fun day, just the girls! I know Carter was upset that he didn’t get to go. I told him maybe we can go see Toy Story on Ice when it comes in the Spring. Abbie insists that she also wants to go see it and dress as Cinderella this time. It was so wonderful to see Abbie experience in real life something that she reads and pretends about every day. What a fun day for all of us!

1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! Great seats!!
Post a Comment