We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year with Bebe, Mimi and Grandmere! We started the day with a delicious Thanksgiving brunch at the Hotel Galvez, followed by fun at the beach, a movie, and a hamburger dinner!
Since it would take 2+ hours to drive from our house to the Hotel Galvez, all the babies (including Bailey!) spent the night with Mimi and Bebe on Wednesday night. Steve and I drove them down that afternoon and put them to bed before going out to eat (alone!) and going home to sleep. We woke up bright and early the next morning to drive back down and pick everyone up to head to the hotel. We took a few pictures before leaving.
Our Family
With Bebe, Mimi and Grandmere
Do you notice anything missing from Abbie’s outfit? You might be thinking I made an odd choice for a Thanksgiving outfit! Abbie refused to wear her white shirt underneath her jumper. She was most upset that everyone else had short sleeves on and hers was long sleeve. After many tears and sobs, I just gave up and she went shirtless. Good thing it was in the mid 80s!
We arrived in Galveston right on time for our brunch. The kids loved exploring the hotel. Abbie liked looking at the gingerbread beach houses and Carter liked touching the ornaments on the Christmas tree.
We all enjoyed the wonderful food. There were so many choices, from breakfast foods, to Thanksgiving dinner, to desserts. I think I ate just about a little of everything! The kids had turkey, fruit, cheese and crackers. Carter also enjoyed his vanilla and chocolate ice creams! He is definitely my junk food junkie!
Once we were finished with brunch, we walked over to the other side of the hotel to see the ballroom where Steve and I had our wedding reception. I always love walking around the room and thinking back to our wedding day. It is so surreal to see Abbie and Carter running around the room now! Abbie even danced with her Daddy right where we had our first dance!
From the moment we arrived in Galveston, Abbie wanted to go to the beach. Once we were finished at the hotel, we all walked across the street to go to the beach. Abbie and Carter were SO excited! Abbie had fun running in the water, making sure to hold her dress way up so as to not get one single drop of water on it. Carter didn’t care about getting wet and eventually fell right in the water with a big wave. He was soaked and rode home in a diaper! I guess one advantage of the unseasonably warm weather was being able to play at the beach on Thanksgiving day!
We came home and attempted to take a nap before seeing a movie. Mimi and Bebe were successful in their naps, but Abbie and Carter were not. Carter climbed right out of his crib. When I went in to check on them, I was surprised to find him sitting next to Abbie’s head on her pillow! So they played around in their room for about an hour before it was time for all of us to head to the movie!
I think I was just as excited as Abbie was to see her very first movie, Tangled! I have been wanting to take her to a movie for a while and was waiting for just the right one. Abbie scares easily, so I have been watching for one to come along the was kid-friendly and not too scary. Tangled was the perfect princess movie for Abbie! She sat in my lap and Mimi’s lap for most of the movie. There were a few action scenes that kind of frightened her and even a few times when she said she wanted to leave. But she stuck it out and ended up having a great time! It would have been Carter’s first time at a movie, too, but he didn’t even make it through the previews! He has absolutely no interest in TV or movies. Steve spent half the movie with him walking around the lobby and outside. When he finally sat in a rain puddle and got his pants all wet, Steve decided it was time to take him home. Maybe he will be able to sit long enough to watch a movie by the time he is 10!
We came from the movie and relaxed for a while before dinner. Abbie and Bebe watched some of the Thanksgiving Day Parade from earlier in the day. Carter ran around Mimi’s house screaming for fun, literally, and then drew for about 20 seconds before he was on to something else.
Mimi made us a yummy hamburger dinner before it was time to take baths and get ready for bed. Once they were all ready for bed, we watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving before packing up the car and heading home. Everyone, including Steve, was sound asleep in the car about 15 minutes in to our drive. A wonderful and fun Thanksgiving was had by all!

No comments:
Post a Comment