Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy Christmas!

After our disastrous trip to see Santa last year, I wasn’t sure how Abbie and Carter would react when it came time to see him this year. I was so surprised to find that Abbie loved Santa this year! She was happy to sit on his lap and tell him all the things she wanted for Christmas.

She saw him for the first time this year at the Christmas tree farm. Carter, however, would not go near Santa. He even almost ran in to Santa at PetSmart one day and hid behind my leg until Santa was out of sight.

After talking more about Santa in the following weeks, I decided to take them back to visit Santa to see if Carter would be any more excited to see him. We headed to Market Street where Santa just “happened” to be visiting that day. (The fact that you can run in to Santa a lot of different places can be a very tricky thing to try to explain to an inquisitive 3 year old!) There were only two little sisters ahead of us to see Santa so it was a very calm visit. Abbie was thrilled to be seeing Santa again but Carter was still hesitant. I kept reassuring him that it would be fun and that the two little girls ahead of him were having a great time. I also made sure he brought his favorite Baba (puppy) along that day as a security thing. (Of course this meant Abbie had to bring her unicorn.)

Once it was Abbie and Carter’s turn to see Santa, Abbie ran right up and sat in Santa’s lap. I was walking Carter over and told him to say what Santa says. He did his best “Ho Ho Ho” which is actually only “Ho Ho”, which made Santa laugh. I think he was fine with Santa from then on. He sat on Santa’s lap and smiled before hopping off. I was so proud of him! Abbie let Santa know that Carter wanted a train table and off they went!

Santa 2010

No comments: