Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy First Birthday Carter!

Our baby boy turned one today! I can’t believe his birthday is finally here. It feels like we have blinked and our newborn is now 1, yet it also feels like he has always been part of our family.

Abbie and I woke him up by singing “Happy Birthday” to him. He loved hearing us sing to him. After breakfast, we dropped Abbie off at school, and then Carter and I had the day to ourselves to celebrate! We played for a while in the morning. He just loves to stand on his fire truck ride on toy, probably because he knows how much I dislike it. He loved having the playroom all to himself this morning.

IMG_6883nIMG_6884nIMG_6890nIMG_6891nIMG_6896nIMG_6898

After a nap and lunch, we headed to his Gymboree class. He had a great time in class. It was music day. He loved playing with the cage bells and drums.

IMG_6900nIMG_6901nIMG_6906nIMG_6908nIMG_6909n

We had a few minutes before we had to pick Abbie up from school, so we headed to Stride Rite to get him his very first pair of big boy shoes! He has been walking for over a month now and desperately needs “real” shoes. I have just not had a spare moment to take him to be sized. I thought his birthday would be the perfect day to get his first pair of shoes! He had a little trouble walking in them at first but seemed very excited to be wearing his new shoes.

We picked Abbie up and came home for naps. Then it was time for our usual dinner, baths and bed. It was just a normal day, but a perfect, normal day. (It was a nice change from the crazy days we have been having for the past month.) Now on to his birthday party on Saturday! We love you, sweet Carter! Happy Birthday!

No comments: