Friday, September 23, 2011

Third Time’s The Charm…

Well that is what Daddy would say anyway (Stephen is a third child)! I happen to think that all of my babies are pretty special! We will soon be a family of six (including my precious Bailey, of course)!



Stephen and I had been talking recently about whether we wanted to have one more baby or if we were definitely done with that phase of our life. We both just weren’t sure. I knew if we were going to have another child, it needed to be sooner rather than later. I did not want this baby to be too far apart in age from Abbie and Carter. They were born so close together (22 months apart) and now just have such a strong bond. I knew I didn’t want this baby to be much more than three years following Carter. Everything just seemed to fall into place this summer telling us we were meant to have another baby. Stephen was very fortunate to get a wonderful new job that is only 15 minutes from home. He no longer commutes over an our each way into the city which has been a huge blessing. We both decided to give it one try, if it was meant to be it would happen and if it didn’t, we would be okay with that, too. I just didn’t want to have a lingering feeling of “What If” years from now.



Well this little baby was just bound and determined to join our family because here we are 13 weeks later expecting baby number three! (Stephen and I are seriously worried we could end up being the Duggars (with 19 kids and counting) if we aren’t careful and do not plan on having any more!) I have had a difficult first trimester with lots of morning sickness and fatigue. It is not easy feeling those effects of pregnancy while taking care of two other kids! Thankfully, it is finally starting to get better.



The kids came with us for our first ultrasound since school was not in session yet. We were all excited to hear the little heartbeat, well maybe not Carter as much. Every time we ask him if he is excited about having a little baby and being a big brother he says “Me no feel good”. Poor guy! I know he will come around. Abbie is extremely excited about the baby. During the appointment the technician asked her if she wanted a boy or a girl. Her immediate response was “Well God would not send me two little brothers”. Ha! He just might Abbie! Abbie is definitely hoping it is a little sister who she insists she will take care of.



We went in for our 12 week ultrasound on Monday. So far the baby is measuring right on schedule. The due date is March 29th, the exact same date as Abbie’s due date! We are going to have an even busier March, if that is possible. My birthday is March 13th, Abbie’s is March 20th and Stephen’s is March 22nd. I just know this baby is going to come on someone’s birthday, I just hope it is not Abbie’s! I guess that would be one special 5th birthday present!



The technician said she was fairly sure of what we are having and asked us if we wanted to know. I, of course, wanted to know because I just can’t stand to wait!



IMG_3022



Here is the most recent picture of our precious baby girl! Well, we are going with a girl for now. The tech said she was pretty sure, but I am waiting for a later ultrasound for confirmation before I tell Abbie. I wouldn't be surprised she is a girl. She exhibitied quite a little attitude during the ultrasound. She was sound asleep with her back towards us and refused to move. The tech needed her to turn in order to get the necessary measurements for the testing. We tried poking on my belly, to which her response was to remain completely still except for throwing up her arm as if to say "Leave me alone!". I couldn't believe it...already very much like her big sister :) She refused to move so I had to eat some M&Ms to try to wake her up and go back an hour later. Thankfully, that time she cooperated and the tech was able to get the necessary measurements. We are praying that all of the testing this week comes back saying she is healthy and developing right as she should be. I am anxiously awaiting the results next week.



We are starting to think about possible names. If you have a name you think would go well with Abbie and Carter please let me know!



So that is what we have been up to during my blog absence! Lots of changes for our family, and we couldn’t be more excited!

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Yea! So excited for you and glad you are starting to feel better. What names are you thinking about?

Leslie said...

That's awesome!!! Congratulations :) Happy for your family!!